We are delighted to be open again, we want to ensure you that we are taking all required guidelines seriously. At Village Vanity you can expect to see our staff cleaning frequently touched surfaces more often, including doorknobs, phones, seating, and stations throughout the facility as well as the tools we use to perform services.
Safety is our biggest concern. Working together and keeping all of us and all our clients safe for our future success. We want you to feel as comfortable entering Village Vanity as you have BC (Before COVID), like you are at home and safe in our space. Alexa has set strict guidelines for the Village Vanity team and our clients to adhere to during our transition into our new way of doing things, temporarily and in the future. We ask that you help us abide by the state guidelines required of us to open and remain open.
•Please arrive early to your appointment, upon arrival please call (631-422-2222) or text (631-533-3325) to check in. We will then return your call or text when we are ready for you to enter. Please note: If you are late you may forfeit your appointment.
• Everyone entering salon MUST wear a mask at all times. Please come with 1-2 behind the ear masks, (Note: Masks that tie or loop around the back of your head will prohibit services) We will have disposable masks available for purchase if you do not have one.
• You will be required to wash or sanitize your hands upon arrival and departure. There are sanitation stations located near the front and back doors along with hand sanitizer throughout the salon as well as the stations.
• Guests will not be permitted on the premises if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
• You will be asked to leave if showing any signs of COVID symptoms. If you feel sick, have been sick, been around someone who was sick PLEASE reschedule.
• No shows and arriving late will result in forfeit of appointment and possibly future appointments.
• There will be a price increase on select services. A note on price changes/increases. There will be a TEMPORARY $2 price increase on all haircut and styling services. It will be instilled for three months as part of our first phase of opening and reassessed come September. As always, if your regrowth/base color is more than 6-8 weeks, more product is being used so we will be booking your first appointment back in the salon as a single process/first time color ($65). All appointments after your first appointment back with us for root touch ups will be normal price ($50). If you receive highlight/balayage any possible price increase will be decided on a client to client basis, there maybe a slight increase for extra product and will be discussed with your stylist during consultations. If you have colored your hair during your time away from us, we will require a virtual consultation in order to book and charge you correctly. This is mostly temporary to cover cost of extra product used, PPE, etc. if there are any questions or concerns about this increase please direct them to Alexa, she will gladly explain further.
• Guests will be served by appointment only. There will be no walk-in appointments at this time. Pre-booking your appointments is STRONGLY suggested for all future appointments.
• Guests will be greeted at the entrance. Doors will be open to increase air circulation but remain blocked to control number of persons in salon.
• The number of guests on premises will be limited to 50% of normal capacity. Please do not bring anyone to your appointment unless previously set up with your stylist.
• 1 guest per service provider, unless specified by stylist or a separate private appointment has been set up. (Please let us know if a private appointment is something you would be interested in)
• There will be NO waiting area.
• Clean/sanitized capes and smocks for each guest. Disposable capes will be used as often as possible.
• Please bring as few personal items as possible. (Limit bags, jackets, hats, etc.)
• DO BRING something to read and drink/snack on as we will not be serving refreshments or have magazines out for the time being. All drinks must be in a closed container.
• Please be honest with your stylist on what you have done to your hair during our time apart, you will not be judged or criticized for any of it.
• Know that your appointment might take longer and cost more than your usual appointment.
• Please make sure we have ALL your contact information. (Full name, address, phone number, email address, card on file, etc)
•Payments through credit card are preferred but we will be accepting cash if it is exact, we will not be giving change for the time being.
•We will no longer be adding tips to credit card transactions. We will be accepting tips through Venmo or exact change ONLY. Cash tips will be collected in an envelope at the front desk.
• Your stylist may require a virtual consultation in order to book your appointment properly, these will be conducted through facetime, Facebook messenger, or Instagram messenger.
• We are permitted to perform blowouts and we will be but if they are not absolutely needed, we will encourage a more time conserving option. Also, if you require additional styling (curling/flat iron work etc) please let us know while booking your appointment.
•Services that are PROHIBITED at this time are beard trims, waxing and makeup.
• We suggest you follow us on all social media outlets to stay up on any changes and happenings here at Village Vanity.
Guidelines our team is following to ensure your safety and health:
• All employees are required to wear a mask & face shield while performing any service or interacting with clients even if it there is 6ft between them.
• Employees are required to wash or sanitize hands before and after every client even when gloves are worn for service.
• All employees will be tested for COVID-19 before returning to the salon and will get tested every 2 weeks while NY remains in Phase 2.
• Employees will not be permitted on the premises if they have COVID-19 symptoms.
• All employeeswill receive a temperature check prior to entering premises.
• All equipment used by a service provider will be sanitized between guests
• Employees will wash/sanitize hands before and after each client even when gloves are worn.
• Stations will be sanitized after every client. (including but not limited to brushes, combs, blow dryer, shears, capes, partitions, styling products, chair, etc.)
Precautions we are taking as a Salon company and team:
• We have installed partitions where 6ft social distancing is not feasible
• All employees have been certified by Barbicide on proper cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection.
• UV light to sanitize phone or personal items upon arrival and departure.
• Exhaust fan will be on during business hours to keep air flow moving.
• Additional time added to each appointment so we can properly sanitize station, utensils, and ourselves for next client.
• Salon will be disinfected every evening at close time. All Barbicide will be freshly mixed for each day.
• Doors, exits, light switches and other commonly touched surfaces will be sanitized regularly.
• As much as we love all our clients hugs/unnecessary touching is STRONGLY discouraged at this time. (we are very sad about this on also)
To accommodate clients in a timelier manner you might be asked if you would mind being placed with another stylist. This will ensure we get you in sooner. Please know that we work as a TEAM at Village Vanity and none of us will be offended if you decide you need to come in sooner than your stylist is available, as we are unable to book the volume of clients per stylist we were accustomed to BC. Furthermore, if you need to cancel your appointment for any reason please give us as much notice as possible so we can fill your spot. We will be instilling a No Show/Late policy from here on out. Pre-booking is even more imperative than before to guarantee your desired appointment date and time.
COVID-19 is rapidly changing and so will these guidelines from time to time. Any updates to them will be posted on our website, ALL social media platforms and in the salon. Please feel free to contact Alexa at any time with questions or concerns regarding these guidelines.
We are all so excited to be back to what we love to do and that is make you all feel good, by following these guidelines we can all do our part to keep each other safe and healthy. As always, we are so appreciative of your constant understanding, undying loyalty and support always but especially through these trying times. Thank you for your patience while we navigate during these difficult times as we try to meet the needs of all our incredible clients.
Please check back here or our social media outlets for any and all updates on guidelines and hours.
Temporary Hours of Service
Tuesday 10am – 5pm
Wednesday 10am – 8pm
Thursday 10am – 7pm
Friday 10am – 8pm
Saturday 9am – 5pm
Sunday & Monday – per request for private appointments
Ask and we will give. If we can not we will go above and beyond to cater to your needs.